As their website explains, the Olympia Athletic Club has proudly offered “an intelligent and comprehensive approach to health management for 40 years” and sits in a wonderful spot that overlooks the Bicentennial Greenbelt Park in Maryville.
Owned by husband and wife team Tina and Steve Hepperly, who bought it in March of 2018, it is a space dedicated to the health and wellness of Maryville and the entire Blount County community.
A Dedicated Team
In their goal of making the facility an authentic resource to those in need of training and health management, the Hepperlys are supported by manager Brian Miller and a team of dedicated staff and partners.
As a family fitness club, the group now offers ongoing promotions and family plans that work with any schedule, goals or budget.
Updated in 2018
Just last year, the facilities were refurbished and updated with all kinds of new equipment. You can now pay a visit any day of the week (they are open Monday through Sunday – 24/7) to enjoy:
- Cardio exercise – Whether you want a rowing workout, some treadmill time, a bit of elliptical or something else, there are more than 150 pieces of gear!
- Fitness classes – There are 40 options, and these include everything from Zumba to Pilates and are FREE with your membership. Explore the schedule here.
- Weight training
- Massage or physical therapies
- Personal training
- Group training
- Swimming – With the indoor pool, you can take a dip any time of year and enjoy aquatic classes, too. Kids under ten swim free when parents are members.
- Indoor and outdoor tracks
- Senior fitness (Silver Sneakers)
- Indoor racquetball and basketball courts
- Sauna, steam room and whirlpool facilities
- Fitness areas where parents and kids can work out together!
- Free nursery care (up to two hours) so parents can workout
- Free Wi-Fi and a wonderful smoothie bar in the reception area which includes outdoor seating with amazing views from the sun deck
With a new year only just beginning, why not pop down to the Olympia Athletic Club to see what they have available for your health and fitness goals. If you join their Facebook page, you can be up to date with all of their ongoing promotions and special offers. Get discount membership, entry into raffles and much more.
With extensive renovations completed last year, and owners eager to make the facility your hometown gym, you cannot go wrong. So, go to their homepage to get your free pass and register for giveaways. Spend some time experiencing the amazing facilities and learn why it is so nice to be part of an organization dedicated to “building strength through community” and through fitness, of course!